From: Steve <gentoo_sjh@×××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Syslog-ng using a spectacular amount of CPU time... (I'm using sshguard)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 19:55:13
1 Sebastian Günther wrote:
2 > program() only takes 1 argument: the programname.
3 >
4 There aren't two arguments (no comma) - and, yes, the syntax is odd -
5 but it is exactly what is given by the sshguard man page - and seems to
6 be confirmed by the syslog-ng manual, too.
7 > BTW: Just curious: you do not use the sshguard from portage, or why is
8 > it a /usr/local/sbin?
9 >
10 That was my error (a really dumb one!) I'd assumed that the binary from
11 portage was running - whereas my process list showed /bin/sh failing to
12 run a non-existent program.
13
14 I guess the man page could be improved for gentoo by giving an example
15 using the default install location for sshguard - but that's a very
16 minor issue.
17
18 I'd expected better error reporting by syslog-ng for a faulty
19 configuration - ho-hum.