From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DPMS not working with fbdev driver on Xorg
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 15:44:09
1 Sebastián Pedersen wrote:
2 > Hi guys,
3 >
4 > Sorry to bother because I'm actually using Arch, but since in the past
5 > this list has given to me outstandings solutions, I git a try here.
6 >
7 > I'm having a problem: in Xorg, with the vesa driver the DPMS works
8 > just fine, but with the fbdev driver (framebuffer) the screen goes
9 > blank but the monitor never enters in powersave mode.
10 > And the only configuration that I modify is the video driver in use.
11 >
12 > My main problem is that the vesa driver doens't work very well with my
13 > video card, so that's why I use the fbdev driver.
14 >
15 > Any ideas why this happend?
16 >
17 > Many thanks in advance.
18 >
19 > Cheers,
20 > Sebas
26 Since this is video related, are you in the video group? Several other
27 video issues have popped up recently that seem to require users in the
28 video group. It's easy enough to check. This should work.
29
30 cat /etc/group | grep video
31
32 If that doesn't help, I'm sure someone will come along with other ideas.
33
34 Dale
35