From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] evince - Error printing to PDF
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 17:18:13
1 On 04/17/13 18:45, Randolph Maaßen wrote:
2 > 2013/4/17 Joseph <[1]syscon780@×××××.com>
3 >
4 > On 04/17/13 16:27, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 >
6 > On 17/04/2013 15:57, Joseph wrote:
7 >
8 > When I try to print from "evince" to pdf file I get an error:
9 > Error printing - Operation not supported
10 >
11 > well, obviously your installed evince doesn't do pdf printing.....
12 > --
13 > Alan McKinnon
14 > [2]alan.mckinnon@×××××.com
15 >
16 > Well, it did print to pdf or ps file a week ago before upgrading, so
17 > what did it change?
18 > Why all of a sudden doesn't do pdf printing?
19 > --
20 > Joseph
21 >
22 > So what packages have been updated/changed, what does your printing
23 > system look like, ...
24 > Without some information nobody can help you.
25 > --
26 > Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
27 >
28 > Randolph Maaßen
29
30 I'm using standard cups printing system.
31 It is hard to find out which package are responsible for it, I usually upgrade very second month so bunch of them got upgraded I did not get any error messages.
32 It is like looking for a needle in a haystack :-/
35 Joseph