From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to unmerge kde 4.1?
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 13:56:49
1 On Monday 22 September 2008 14:46:36 Roy Wright wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > Trying to switch from kde-portage to kde-testing overlays did not
5 > progress well. What I'd like to do to recover is unmerge all the kde
6 > 4.1 stuff and start over. Does anyone know a simple way (maybe a
7 > script) to do this? As far as I'm concerned, I'd really like to unmerge
8 > everything installed from the overlay.
9 >
10 > Thank you,
11 > Roy
12
13 Edit your world file and remove all kde stuff with a 4.1 SLOT
14
15 emerge --depclean
16
17 then adapt package.{keywords,unamsk} and emerge the kde you do want
20 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com