From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] korganizer patch
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:49:09
1 Neil Bothwick schreef:
2 > On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 20:51:14 -0400, Michael W. Holdeman wrote:
5 >> I then rearchive kdepim-3.4.92.tar.bz2 and run ebuild
6 >> /usr/portage/kde-base/kdepim/kdepim-3.5.0_beta2.ebuild digest,
7 >> which completes successfully but when attempting to emerge
8 >> korganizer again I get !!! Digest verification Failed: !!!
9 >> /usr/portage/distfiles/kdepim-3.4.92.tar.bz2 !!! Reason: Failed on
10 >> MD5 verification
14 >> what did I miss?
17 > Recreating the digest for the package. Portage uses MD5 checksums to
18 > check that files have not been altered, as a security measure. You
19 > need to regenerate the digest as you made the changes and want to
20 > accept them.
21 >
22 > Either "ebuild /path/to/ebuild digest" or "emerge --digest
23 > --other-options package"
27 Should this be handled in /usr/portage in any case? Portage is going to
28 overwrite the changed files (the digest) every time a sync is done,
29 isn't it? I wonder if this digest being created in the real Portage tree
30 rather than the overlay tree might not be the problem in the first
31 place-- since changed files in the Portage tree itself 'should'
32 automatically fail, since that's what the check function is designed to
33 keep an eye on. It really doesn't do much good for a file to be changed
34 in the official Portage tree and for Portage to just say "OK, that's
35 fine." Suppose you'd been hacked?
36
37 The overlay tree, on the other hand, is designed to accept modified
38 files; that's what it's for.
39
40 I'd copy *both* ebuilds to my overlay tree and digest the copies, and
41 see if that helped. Does the digest for the parent application digest
42 the hard dependencies? Silly question, of course it must. So that's
43 what's failing, the korganizer digest of kdepim, not the kdepim digest
44 itself; we never get that far. So korganizer has to be redigested as well.
45
46 Holly
47 --
48 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list