From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: grub2 multiple kernels
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 22:37:34
1 Chris Stout <chris.stout <at> gmx.com> writes:
4 > I think update-grub was the command for legacy grub.
5 > On my system the appropriate command is grub2-mkconfig.
6
7 yep, that did the trick.....
10 > As a side note to James, if you don't see your secondary kernels on the
11 > grub2 screen on boot, look under the advanced options. My grub2 setup
12 > seems to put extra kernels under the advanced tab.
13
14 Yep, right again. (grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg)
15
16 > I don't recall making any changes to Grub2 so it might be the
17 > default behaviour.
18
19 Yep. OK, so how to I make the latest kernel, copied to /boot/
20 the default on that shows up. Tabing to the advanced does work
21 but I'm guessing I'll need to flush this out, because one
22 these days, the default kernel will be deleted. So any advise
23 on how to update the default kernel, once one is happy with it?
24
25 Also, grub2 seems to take a long time to beging booting
26 any fixes for that?
27
28 Also, it (grub2) is not displaying any verbose info to the screen, except
29 at the very end.....? Settings to tweak for a quick, verbose grub2
30 boot experience?
33 James