From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] TLD for home LAN?
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 21:15:33
1 On 1/18/22 1:50 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > No, I'm talking about the opposite situation. I'm talking about you
3 > have foo.local resolvable via mDNS, but not DNS - then there is a
4 > chance you won't be able to access the host.
5
6 It's the same problem just opposite directions.
7
8 The solution is to use something to unify the .local name in the mDNS
9 and uDNS name spaces. This can be done via a gateway that speaks both
10 protocols. E.g. listens for mDNS queries as well as being an
11 authoritative uDNS server for the .local domain / TLD.
12
13 It's not /simple/ but nor is it /impossible/.
18 Grant. . . .
19 unix || die