From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo Healthy? (The Return)
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 17:48:43
1 On 7/3/07, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 >
4 > Hey Mark,
5 >
6 > Thanks for the insight. I hope it never happens, but if the day comes
7 > when Gentoo suffers a lack of contributors to such an extent that I
8 > have to find a new distro, where will I go? Is Debian the only other
9 > meta-distro out there? It's not exactly thriving is it? Is the
10 > meta-distro concept perhaps flawed? The thought of installing the
11 > latest Ubuntu release, wading through a bunch of software I'll never
12 > use, and waiting for the next big release before anything is updated
13 > makes me wanna throw up.
14 >
15 > - Grant
16
17 Being sort of pragmatic, if it happens it happens and I'll worry about
18 it then. While I may have my frustrations with Gentoo they are
19 certainly no where near large enough to cause me to even think of
20 switching 8 machines in 2 households to something else. Heck, it's the
21 devil you know for the devil you don't know when you go that way and I
22 still see Gentoo as an angel and not a devil!!!
23
24 :-)
25
26 Cheers,