From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] meld - GConf Error: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 00:11:22
1 On 02/01/15 11:06, Adam Carter wrote:
2 > On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 9:29 AM, Joseph <[1]syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > When I run "meld" as root I get a strange errors:
5 > GConf Error: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
6 > Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote
7 > application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy
8 > blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network
9 > connection was broken.
10 >
11 > If you've su'd to root, try 'su -' instead.
12
13 Thank you, that was it?
14 What difference does it make and why on some boxes it has to be "su -" and on others simple "su" works.
17 Joseph