From: Fernando Canizo <conan@××××××××××.ar>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] modifying locally an ebuild
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:07:42
1 Hi all,
2
3 I find a cute patch to mutt and to use it i modified the ebuild and
4 the pertinent files so now re-emerging mutt builds mutt with this
5 patch. Later i fixed the actual version of mutt so an upgrade cannot
6 erase it.
7
8 What i would like to know is how can i do this i a 'gentoo way'. I
9 have listen that there are something called SLOTs, but never used so
10 far (never need them?)
11
12 Or the only way is to propose the add of the patch to portage?
15 Fernando Canizo - http://www.lugmen.org.ar/~conan/
16 Hatred, n.:
17 A sentiment appropriate to the occasion of another's superiority.
18 -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list