From: pva <volkov.peter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Audacious Madness???
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 09:28:09
1 Jerry McBride wrote:
2 > Anyone here noticed how badly Audacious 1.4.2 is? I get random crashes and a
3 > host of other problems... something never experienced with XMMS.
4
5 No. It works fine here.
6
7 > I traded a few emails over Audacious and it seems as though it sports a new
8 > (improved) thread model. Once I humbly suggested the "new model" has some
9 > warts... the email trade stopped.
10
11 Emails? Please, try official way to contact them, trough bugzilla. It
12 does not work at the moment but I think this is temporal problem which
13 will be fixed soon.
14
15 > How do you report problems to the authors, if they won't listen?
16
17 Bugzilla. For authors to listen you should provide at least backtrace,
18 then if possible provide steps how to reproduce bug or describe
19 conditions how package is broken. The more technical information you
20 provide more chances authors listen to you. OTOH never write your
21 personal feeling or attitude or other non technical crap. Concentrate
22 on the problem and you'll be heard.
23
24 > I'm currently using XMMS-1.2.11. It works perfectly... even streams from
25 > gnump3d without errors.
26
27 XMMS... Please, do not rape this dead player :)
28
29 > Anyone know why this goes on?
30
31 May be. I don't know.