From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Compressed Filesystem
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 00:00:50
1 Am 29.12.2009 14:04, schrieb Volker Armin Hemmann:
2
3 > I do no know btrfs. But there are two nice things about reiser4:
4 > it takes your data seriously. It tries everything to make sure your data hit
5 > the platter. Device does not support barriers? Reiser4 detects that and goes
6 > into sync mode.
7 > Second, reiser4 is really, really really fast (except mounting).
8
9 thinking "ricer" here (ricer vs. reiser ;-) ):
10
11 would you recommend it over ext4 for a productive root-fs, considering
12 speed and safety .... ?
13
14 Personally I avoided reiserfs for years after having some really bad
15 crashes back then .... but sure, things developed since then.
16
17 S