From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cannot upgrade to zfs 0.8.x
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 16:05:10
1 On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 7:46 AM John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > OK, so I successfully did build 0.8.1, but it does not like my root
4 > file system parameter, dracut chokes and puts me in an emergency shell
5 > and I have to mount it manually. I tried root=rpool and
6 > root=rpool/root which dracut completely said unable to continue and if
7 > I omit the root= altogether like I have done in previous versions, it
8 > says it can't mount the root file system, and throws me into the
9 > emergency shell where I can mount it manually. I do have rpool/root
10 > designated as rootfs.
11
12 I'm not sure if this is a dracut issue or a zfs issue, but on my zfs
13 0.7.13 system I have:
14 root=ZFS=fast/root
15
16 ...where fast/root is the pool/dataset I'm using.
17
18 You might try adding the ZFS= to your root string. I wasn't aware it
19 would even work otherwise.
20
21 I have yet to try 0.8 - I'm not in a huge rush though I'm sure the
22 TRIM support will help. I'm content to let everybody else run into
23 issues like this for me... :)
26 Rich