From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] BIG-UPDATE! ;) If I survive, then gentoo rulezz... :)
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 20:22:51
2 > modules-update if you have out-of-tree kernel
3 > modules
4 >
5 > env-update follwed by '. /etc/profile/ to avoid the
6 > hassle of logging
7 > out and back in just to update the environment
8 >
9 > possibly conf-update which does the same thing as
10 > etc-update, just with
11 > a much nicer ui that is easier to see what is going
12 > on
15 No it was none of those. It was the same format as
16 that for etc-upate, Bold yellow text followed by
17 recommended action. And in the line right next to it.
18 IIRC it would appear at the end of some of the
19 successful emerges, just not the last one, and there
20 wasn't enough in the buffer to scroll back for it.
21
22 I 'tail'ed some likely suspects in /var/log/portage
23 but it didn't show. 'grep'ing emerg.log for "update"
24 only finds the --update switch.
25
26 I'm all askeerd to reboot before finding out what it
27 was ;(
28
29 > --
30 > Alan McKinnon
31 > alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
32 > --
33 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
40 Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.
41 http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
42 --
43 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list