From: "Korondi Márk" <korondi.mark@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE programs starts slowly
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 12:41:26
1 On Sunday 29 January 2006 13:14, Martins Steinbergs wrote:
2
3 > remove those files from user directory;
4 I removed, even I tried with a new user, the problem is the same
5
6 > maybe .xsession-errors has some interesting info;
7 Yes, it's interesting, but no .xsession-errors exists. Previous gentoo had it.
8
9 > my experience with slow KDE has been when /etc/fonts/ contents
10 could be? KDE set it's font configuration from xorg.conf, doesn't?
11
12 >... also i would check is DMA enabled
13 linfinite kmarc # hdparm /dev/hdb
14
15 /dev/hdb:
16 multcount = 16 (on)
17 IO_support = 3 (32-bit w/sync)
18 unmaskirq = 1 (on)
19 using_dma = 1 (on)
20 keepsettings = 0 (off)
21 readonly = 0 (off)
22 readahead = 64 (on)
23 geometry = 16383/255/63, sectors = 120060444672, start = 0
26 So, sorry if I'd asked badly, but I think you misunderstand me... :-$
27 Programs that don't use KDE (gftp, firefox, bittorrent, gtk-demo) run up fast,
28 and fast, even also openoffice.org. I think, there is a problem with the dcop
29 interface, the communication between some KDE apps.
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list