From: Rodrigo Forlin <forlin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upgrade
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:35:26
1 econti wrote this:
2 > Hi everybody, this is my first post on the list.
3 >
4 > Well, I'm running a 2.6.15-gentoo-r7 2006.0 on a AMD64 machine.
5 >
6 > Now I'd like to make a world upgrade. I know that I should run the
7 > following commands:
8 >
9 > emerge --sync
10 > emerge --update --deep --newuse world
11 > emerge --depclean
12 > revdep-rebuild
13 >
14 > A little question: how long does it take to complete the upgrade?
15 > (sure, it depends on the installed software, but please give me an
16 > approximation)
17 >
18 > Thank you
19 >
20 > emilio
21 >
22
23 I'm pretty sure that it'll take less than a year... ;) just kidding...
24 The most it can take is the time of a complete new install, i guess.

forlin.vcf text/x-vcard