From: thegeezer <thegeezer@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] surveillance cameras on gentoo
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 06:11:03
1 Howdy
2
3 I've had great mileage with
4
5 https://motion-project.github.io/
6 =media-video/motion-4.1.1-r1:0
7 it supports a rake of cameras, so you should be good to go almost
8 straight away; multiple network cameras, usb cameras etc
9
10 it will do timelapse footage, and motion detection recording, and can be
11 very tuned in every way
12
13 browse video through web page or via Tinycam android app which supports
14 Linux motion as a feed
15
16 I've three cameras, recording a 24hr timelapse all in 1027x768 and
17 motion recording, and get about 6 days to 300GB
18
19 good luck!
20