From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem using the pppoe plugin
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 15:40:50
1 Hi. I am having a very frustrating prroblem when I use the pppoe
2 plugin like so:
3
4 config_ppp0=("ppp")
5 link_ppp0="eth2"
6 plugins_ppp0=("rp-pppoe")
7 username_ppp0='vzeqmmst'
8 pppd_ppp0=(
9 "updetach"
10 "noauth"
11 "ipcp-accept-remote"
12 "ipcp-accept-local"
13 "holdoff 3"
14 "lcp-echo-interval 15"
15 "lcp-echo-failure 3"
16 )
17
18 What happens is that when I use this a computer on my local network
19 has intermittent connection problems -- it connects to google just
20 fine, but not to Microsoft sites and other places.
21
22 Now what is very strange is -- if I use the rp-pppoe package
23 independent of gentoo using there adsl-start command instead of the
24 gentoo configs, then everything works just fine. Both methods are
25 using the same local startup script for ppp which fixes up the packet
26 forwarding, etc., so I haven't a clue as to why one has this problem
27 and the other does not.
28
29 Any ideas on this would be appreciated.
32 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
33 How do
34 you spend it?
35
36 John Covici