From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] To x86_64 or not to x86_64
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 08:22:42
1 On Feb 6, 2008 1:28 AM, Anthony E. Caudel <tony.caudel@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 [...]
3 > So, for those users who have used both, is it worth it overall?
4
5 I've been using amd64 two years now, and the only 32 bit applications
6 that *I* use are firefox-bin and mplayer-bin. With swfdec[1] getting
7 better and better, the former will be unnecessary soon (I hope); and I
8 haven't used the later in a *long* time (almost *all* videos are even
9 handled by Totem/GStreamer now, if you unmask and install all the
10 gst-plugins).
11
12 I don't know about the speed difference, but it's really not too much
13 pain to use amd64.
14
15 [1] http://swfdec.freedesktop.org/
16 --