From: Georgi Hristozov <georgi@××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Client <x> rejected from local host
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 17:49:19
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm a new Gentoo user and I'm having somewhat strange problem with my
4 install (using gdm and Gnome 2.24.1 on amd64). Every time I turn on
5 the system and run Gnome I can't open any application. For example - if
6 I try to fire up terminal, "Starting terminal..." window appears in the
7 taskbar for a few seconds. After that, nothing happens. I have to kill X
8 (Ctrl+Alt+Backspace) and run Gnome again. The second time everything is
9 OK... Until the next reboot :)
10
11 Every time I try to start a program I get something like the following
12 message in my log:
13
14 AUDIT: Wed Aug 5 10:51:55 2009: 8520 X: client 17 rejected from local
15 host ( uid=1000 gid=1006 pid=9676 )
16
17 After some googling I found other users with the same problem (or
18 error message, at least :) ). They had disabled consolekit and enabling
19 it had helped. I've tried adding it to the USE variable, updating my
20 system and enabling the service, but it didn't help. Deleting the ~/.x*
21 files was unsuccessful too. The new version (masked) of xorg-server
22 didn't solve the problem.
23
24 Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)