From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] AMD64 Stability?
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 17:19:33
1 On Tuesday 05 September 2006 18:07, A. R. wrote:
2 > On 9/5/06, Thomas T. Veldhouse <veldy@×××××.net> wrote:
3 > > Can anybody on this list indicate what kind of stability they have seen
4 > > with AMD64 systems using Gentoo (the AMD 64-bit binaries)? How about
5 > > the majority of ports in the portage tree?
6 > >
7 > > I realize this question will solicit relatively subjective responses,
8 > > but I am interested in them all.
9 > >
10 > > Thanks in advance,
11 > >
12 > > Tom Veldhouse
13 >
14 > Good topic!
15 >
16 > My experience has not been that good. I am running Gentoo amd64 on a
17 > dual core AMD 4200 with an Nvidia video card.
18 > I run a stable system with just a few "keyword-ed" packages. My
19 > display manager is KDE.
20 > The system locks ramdomly and I cannot even ssh to it from another
21 > box. It dies, and the logs do not show anything that can give me a
22 > clue.
23 > I found some posts in the nvidia forums about stability problems on
24 > this platform and I have followed the suggested workarounds with no
25 > success...
28 and you have tried a different PSU? A quality one (ie not fortron, not antec,
29 but enermax)?
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list