From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: encfs forgot passwd following update world
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:03:27
1 On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 06:45:32 -0400, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > Ditto here but I do see different USE flags:
4 >
5 > root # eix -I "^(fuse|encfs)$"
6 > [I] sys-fs/encfs
7 > Available versions: 1.2.5.1 1.3.1.1
8 > Installed versions: 1.3.1.1(06:40:26 03/20/07)(nls)
9
10 I doubt nls has anything to do with this.
11
12 > I have a few fairly important things in that encrypted raw source
13 > directory, any suggestions how I might retrieve them?
14
15 Does the encrypted directory look OK? Have you run fsck on the underlying
16 filesystem? Is the .encfs5 file present and looking vaguely correct. A
17 recent timestamp on the .encfs5 file would indicate corruption (I always
18 keep a backup of this file).
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Tagline stealing is the sincerest form of flattery.
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list