From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] desperation question: disklabel, unable to write to disk, etc.
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 11:56:43
1 I am still in limbo about this drive. I have gotten a disk scanning utility
2 from Gateway, and am now trying to get together a floppy to test it that
3 way.
4
5 I have had another HDD issue this week, on a SATA drive. I may post
6 separately about that. I can see partitions from Ubuntu that I cannot see
7 from Gentoo. Etc. Back to the laptop. I hope for the best, and suspect
8 that somehow the disk was corrupted by software, and if so I HOPE it can be
9 recovered. Otherwise, I guess I can run a live cd and save files to a usb
10 flash drive! I haven't heard any strange noises, but the freezer trick
11 would certainly be a last resort.
12
13 Alan
14