From: Fernando Rodriguez <cyklonite@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gpg: selftest for CTR failed - see syslog for details
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2017 22:01:15
1 Hello,
2
3 After a recent update I'm getting this error whenever I try to encrypt
4 or decrypt using gnupg. Here's error:
5
6 > gpg: selftest for CTR failed - see syslog for details
7 > gpg: Ohhhh jeeee: ... this is a bug (seskey.c:61:make_session_key)
8 > Aborted
9
10 And the syslog:
11
12 > gpg[8945]: Libgcrypt warning: AES-CTR-128 test failed (plaintext mismatch)
16 It started after a recent update that included gnupg and libgcrypt. The
17 versions before the update where libgcrypt-1.7.3 and gnupg-2.1.15. After
18 the update 1.7.6 and 2.1.18 respectively. I tried downgrading both
19 packages but it didn't help.
20
21 I tried to delete the whole ~/.gnupg directory and re-import the keys
22 but it fails with the same error.
23
24 I have another keyring on the same machine that I use with the --homedir
25 option and I have not problems with it.
26
27 When I try to generate a new key I get the following error:
28
29 > Change (N)ame, (C)omment, (E)mail or (O)kay/(Q)uit? o
30 > We need to generate a lot of random bytes. It is a good idea to perform
31 > some other action (type on the keyboard, move the mouse, utilize the
32 > disks) during the prime generation; this gives the random number
33 > generator a better chance to gain enough entropy.
34 > gpg: agent_genkey failed: Missing key
35 > Key generation failed: Missing key
39 Any ideas?
44 Fernando Rodriguez