From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] x11-misc/sddm-0.18.1-r6 exits inexplicably
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 15:31:20
1 On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 15:45:39 +0100, Michael wrote:
2
3 > > The laptop has an ethernet NIC on the MoBo, which is gimped at
4 > > 100Mbps. This is not used under normal circumstances. Instead I use
5 > > a USB 3.0 1Gbps ethernet adaptor. Following your prompts I unplugged
6 > > the USB ethernet adaptor, connected the ethernet cable to the NIC on
7 > > the MoBo and rebooted. No problem. SDDM launches as it should.
8 > >
9 > > So this could be udev related? While udev isrobing the USB adaptor
10 > > and starting the dhcp negotiation, somehow this sequence interferes
11 > > with the SSDM starting up?
12 >
13 > I replaced the USB ethernet adaptor with a USB wireless adaptor,
14 > plugged into the same port. Rebooted and SDDM starts normally. So,
15 > this problem only occurs when I have the wired USB adaptor plugged in.
16 > What could be a possible cause?
17
18 Does it still do it when the USB adaptor is plugged in with no cable?
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 "Theory and practice are the same in theory, but different in practice"