From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] vlc prevent upgrade?
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:38:21
1 Hello
2
3 I have this entry in /etc/portage/package.keywords
4 media-video/vlc ~x86
5
6 It resuleted in a stable version of vlc to be installed:
7 Latest version installed: 0.8.2-r2
8
9 However, the portage want to upgrade to a newer version:
10 [ebuild U ] media-video/vlc-0.8.4-r1 [0.8.2-r2]
11
12 Since vlc-08.4-r1 Does not install correctly on my other systems
13 (have not drilled down into the failures yet)
14
15 I want maintain version vlc-0.8.2-r2 until the other systems
16 are happy with the newer version.
17
18 I've tried many varitions of modification to the files
19 in the /etc/portage dir, but nothing seems to freeze
20 this version of vlc from upgrade proposed by
21 'emerge -uDp world'.
22
23 In the /etc/portage/package.unmask, I even tried this:
24 =media-video/vlc-0.8.2-r2
25
26 Syntax to freeze this version is most appreciated, as I want to
27 indefinatly keep this version on a particular system until the other
28 newer versions of vlc are stable for the features I need.
29
30 Ideas?
31
32 James