From: Dirk Uys <dirkcuys@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] package.keywords syntax?
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 08:03:03
1 On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 9:11 PM, Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > I'm coming into this thread kinda late, so feel free to ignore...
4 >
5 > ... but Jorge is right. This is easily picked up by a lint tool... and
6 > good python programmers use them ;-). Some python-aware editors even
7 > have this functionality built in.
8 >
9 > Using the above example:
10 >
11 > $ pylint who_no.py
12 > ...
13 > C: 1: Missing docstring
14 > C: 5: Comma not followed by a space
15 > for i in range(1,10000):
16 > ^^
17 > E: 8: Undefined variable 'malformed'
18 > E: 8: Undefined variable 'beast'
21 Thanks, that sounds like a utility i may use in the future.
22
23 I don't like having to use a separate tool to make sure I didn't
24 perhaps make a typo while typing some variables name, but I find
25 python useful enough to oversee that.
26
27 Regards
28 Dirk