From: Rumen Yotov <rumen_yotov@×××.bg>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: DVD-cd usage
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:50:02
1 James wrote:
2
3 >James Hiscock <boxroot <at> gmail.com> writes:
8 >>>Warning: There is absolutely NO DMA, operations thus are slow.
9 >>>Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
10 >>>Device type : Removable CD-ROM
11 >>>Version : 0
12 >>>Response Format: 2
13 >>>Capabilities :
14 >>>Vendor_info : 'TOSHIBA '
15 >>>Identifikation : 'DVD-ROM SD-R2412'
16 >>>Revision : '1015'
17 >>>Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-ROM.
18 >>>
19 >>>
23 >>This seems suspect to me... it looks like cdrecord is detecting your
24 >>burner as a CD/DVD-ROM, not a burner. I had a similar problem with an
25 >>external USB 2.0 DVD+-RW drive that would get misdetected. Took a
26 >>while to figure out what the heck was going on...
32 >>Is it possible that that's what you're running into?
36 >Quite probable.
37 >It could even be something stupid I did in building the kernel....
38 >
39 >I can mount and copy files off the cd, only.
40 >
41 >I've never been able to get a cd burner working on linux....
42 >I have no idea what to try/do.....gui or command line....
43 >
44 >If you suggest something, tell me where a simple file is to use
45 >and suggest exact syntax....
46 >
47 >I'd just like to see a simple ascii text file burned to either
48 >the rw media or the oneshot cd media.....
49 >
50 >Ideas are most welcome.
51 >
52 >Jamess
60 Hi James,
61 Googling for "DVD-ROM SD-R2412+linux" showed me that it's a combo -
62 DVD-ROM&CD-RW.
63 Now looking at some page from Norway with some CLI scripts, can't get
64 the language tough ;)
65 ...BEGIN...
66 Når det er gjort kan du i mitt tilfelle kjøre følgende kommando for å
67 brenne image’et over på CD:
68
69 cdrecord -v speed=24 dev=ATAPI:/dev/cdrom filnavn.iso
70 ...SKIP...
71 Dermed har du en fil ved navn track1.wav som er klar for brenning.
72 Sannsynligvis vil du ha mer enn et spor på audio-CD’en, så det er bare å
73 gjenta prosessen med andre filnavn (f.eks. track2.wav, track3.wav,
74 etc.), og f.eks. kopier dem til en mappe ved navn ~/audiocd. Deretter
75 kan du, mens du er i mappen ~/audiocd/, kjøre:
76
77 cdrecord -v speed=24 dev=ATAPI:/dev/cdrom -pad -audio track*.wav
78 ...END...
79 Choose not to remove the comments, there are more pages and it seems to
80 be working.
81 Sorry no experience with combos (only with pure CD-RW and DVD-RW) but
82 used all kind of tools:
83 command-line (cdrecord, but not with DVD-RW to write CDR), k3b and
84 nautilus-cd-burner.
85 HTH. Rumen

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature