From: Floyd Anderson <f.a@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] File collision dvtm
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 07:27:10
1 On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 05:01:14 +0100
2 tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
3 >Hi,
4 >
5 >while updateing I got a file collision.
6 >
7 >The error message starts with a lengthy explanation what to
8 >do NOT (reporting a bug, if there is only one ackage affected)
9 >but it is say nothing WHAT to do, when one package is affected.
10 >
11 >So,...
12 >
13 >One package is affected...what can I do?
14
15 If you cannot wait until it is fixed, have a look at `man 5 make.conf`
16 for COLLISION_IGNORE, collision-protect and protect-owned. You can use
17 `infocmp` to compare colliding terminfo description files and see if
18 they differ and which one to keep. I would treat ncurses as the master.
21 References:
22 - [1] <https://invisible-island.net/ncurses/announce-6.1.html#h3-database>
23 - [2] <https://invisible-island.net/ncurses/terminfo.ti.html#toc-_Dvtm>
24 - [3] <https://github.com/martanne/dvtm/commits/master/dvtm.info>