From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Fed up with Xorg + hal mess [SOLVED]
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 20:43:01
1 pk wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
5 >> I hate to say it this way, but hal just plain sucks. I may play with it
6 >> some later but I'm getting sick of hal big time. It's starting to
7 >> really leave a bad taste in my mouth.
10 > Then you might like this:
11 > http://www.x.org/wiki/Events/XDC2009/Notes#head-75cccc4e4968dd043dcf2166dff61afd7d0d06c5
12 >
13 > I know I do... :-)
14 >
15 > Best regards
16 >
17 > Peter K
22 Well, I hope whatever replaces hal is easier to configure. Then again,
23 I can't really imagine it being any harder tho. I haven't played with
24 it any since my last post. I just don't feel like getting ticked off
25 right now. Trying to play with hal tends to do that pretty quick.
26
27 Right now, I'm in the new KDE 4. Trying to let it grow on me a little.
28 It is getting better tho. ;-) I can tell they are working on it and
29 adding new stuff and fixing old stuff too. I'm still trying to figure
30 out how to get a root Konsole tho. All I see is a user one. Oh well.
31
32 Dale
33