From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] LVM problem
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 12:03:27
1 I'm about to start using LVM. I setup a secondary partition with fdisk,
2 created a physical volume with pvcreate, made a group volume with
3 vgcreate (out of only that physical volume), created several logical
4 volumes with lvcreate, and installed filesystems on the logical volumes.
5 One volume is swap, and /proc/meminfo says it is active. Other volumes I
6 can mount and write onto.
7 So, what's the problem? The problem is that vgdisplay, vgscan, vgchange,
8 pvdisplay, lvdisplay all say there are no volumes to be found!
9 What did I miss?
10
11 One other thing i don't understand is what to do regarding init scripts.
12
13 (The kernel gentoo-sources 2.6.18-r2 has build-in support for "Multiple devices driver support
14 (RAID and LVM)" and "Device mapper support". )
15
16 TIA.
17 --
18 Jorge Almeida