From: "Серега Филатов" <raxp.worm202@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing windows on second drive
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 08:59:19
1 From my experience with UEFI systems: Windows no longer messes your boot
2 completely (it just sets up the default entry to BCD loader) and you can
3 just select linux loader from the startup menu. So you don't really need to
4 have a minimal cd image. Just switch default boot entry back to grub in
5 UEFI setup, boot back to your installed system and update grub config.
6 I was having another problem though: if you already have an EFI partition
7 and it's small then windows installer will try to create another one, but
8 then it fails after copying files since it's unable to decide which
9 partition it should use. Should be fine if you're using an empty drive or
10 if you don't have an EFI partition on that drive. But if you have - I
11 suggest you make it larger.
12