From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] More lvm2 questions
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 21:56:03
1 Something in today's update for ~amd64 changed the bootup behavior
2 of lvm (again). Now I get an error message that none of the labels
3 on my lvm disks can be found (I mount by disk label in fstab).
4
5 So now lvm is starting even later than before. I still get the
6 (now familiar) error from lvm that file locking failed, but I've
7 been seeing that since the last thread on the subject and this
8 problem just started today. (lvm does start eventually, but only
9 after fstab fails to find the lvm disks).
10
11 While poking around in the rc scripts I realized that device-mapper
12 daemon is no longer running -- I think it was running a few months
13 ago but I can't be certain now. Should it be running?
14
15 I added device-mapper to the boot runlevel but it changed nothing
16 AFAICT.
17
18 Also, I notice that a /run directory on tmpfs appeared a while ago
19 (can't remember when) and I think that should have fixed the file
20 locking error from lvm, no? But it's not fixed for me.
21
22 What are you guys seeing?