From: Alejandro <elcorreodeale@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: X-forwarding fails with "Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key"
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 16:11:50
1 2009/4/30 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
2
3 > >> X-forwarding used to work for me but I haven't used it in a while and
4 > now
5 > >> I get:
6 > >>
7 > >> Warning: untrusted X11 forwarding setup failed: xauth key data not
8 > >> generated
9 > >> Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11
10 > forwarding.
11 > >> Xlib: connection to "localhost:10.0" refused by server
12 > >> Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
13 > >> Cannot open display:
14 > >>
15 > >> I have:
16 > >>
17 > >> # cat /etc/ssh/sshd_config | grep X11Forwarding
18 > >> X11Forwarding yes
19 > >>
20 > >> Does anyone know how to fix this?
21 > >
22 > > First, ssh to the box without X forwarding and:
23 > >
24 > > rm ~/.Xauthority
25 > > rm ~/.ICEauthority
26 > > logout
27 > >
28 > > Then try to ssh again with X forwarding enabled. It should work.
29 >
30 > Unfortunately I still get the same error. I'll try to put together an
31 > xauth command, but does anyone know what happened here? Usually you
32 > just enable X11Forwarding and you can use it right?
33 >
34 > - Grant
37 You also need ForwardX11 yes in your client configuration. Try ssh -v to get
38 more output.