From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] --depclean wants to remove openrc. Yikes!
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 14:14:39
1 On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 9:47 AM Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > So in these virtual packages, it seems by default the _last_ mentioned
4 > package in a || ( ... ) construct is the one --depclean keeps. It all
5 > has the feeling of things not having been properly thought through.
8 I'm not sure what the default is - most likely PMS just requires that
9 one of them be kept.
10
11 If daemontools (or something that depends on it) is in your @world
12 that would explain why openrc was selected for removal.
13
14 I don't know enough to comment on whether daemontools is a substitute
15 for openrc. My first complete guess would be that it could either be
16 used in addition to openrc or on its own. Busybox can be a substitute
17 for sysvinit or udev though most people who have it installed probably
18 don't intend for it to be used that way. You could have that
19 conversation with the maintainer.
22 Rich