From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Courier-imap - can't connect
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 23:37:06
1 On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 15:53:43 +0200
2 Johannes Skov Frandsen <joe@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > So I have finally installed postfix which seems to provide the basic
5 > functionality of sending a mail.
6 >
7 > after trying to send a mail to my self using telnet, a file with the
8 > following content appears in my maildir (/home/joe/.maildir/new):
9 >
10 > Return-Path: <joe@××××××××××××××.dk>
11 > X-Original-To: joe@××××××××××××××.dk
12 > Delivered-To: joe@××××××××××××××.dk
13 > Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1])
14 > by home.mindfield.dk (Postfix) with SMTP id AAFE520022
15 > for <joe@××××××××××××××.dk>; Thu, 7 Jun 2007 15:18:58 +0200
16 > (CEST) Subject:this is a test
17 > Message-Id: <20070607131936.AAFE520022@××××××××××××××.dk>
18 > Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 15:18:58 +0200 (CEST)
19 > From: joe@××××××××××××××.dk
20 > To: undisclosed-recipients:;
21 > This is a test.
22 >
23 > So I guess both the sending part and the reciving part went ok...
24 >
25 > Question: how do I check my mail by using a mail klient....
28 > I have tried setting thunderbird to use the following info:
29 >
30 > imap: home.mindfield.dk
31 > user: joe
32 >
33 > When I try to access my inbox Thunderbird asks for password (a good
34 > thing of course) and I supply my linux account password.
35 >
36 > This is where the trouble starts.... Thunderbird claims it's not the
37 > valid password, but as I havent setup any other password when I
38 > installed Courier-imap what password dos it want?
39 >
40 > Any help appreciated.
41 >
42 As I recall thunderbird doesn't like courier-imap very much. Have you
43 experimented with different SSL/TLS settings?
44 --
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list