From: "Guillermo A. Amaral" <me@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X11 from another machine
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 23:13:20
1 On Monday 21 May 2007 09:30, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > I'm in the process of setting up a linux box as my desktop machine.
4 > I've got X up and running, am about to do the kde install, but have a
5 > question regarding "remote" X windows.
6 >
7 > SNIP
8 >
9 > Any thoughts on this greatly appreciated,
10 >
11 > Andrew Lowe
12
13 Well if you are planning on using KDM as your login prompt and want to get the
14 remote login prompt not just run a remote application.
15
16 1. Open up your kdmrc file located in '/usr/kde/<YOUR KDE VERSION
17 HERE>/share/config/kdm/'. If you have only one kde installation you can
18 emacs, nano or vi /usr/kde/*/share/config/kdm/kdmrc
19
20 2. Look for this section: [Xdmcp] ( it's somewhere in the end of the config
21 file )
22
23 3. Set 'Enable' to 'True': Enable=true
24
25 That's it, you should be able to see the box in any remote login screen on the
26 network.
29 Guillermo A. Amaral, CSE
30 # Free & Open Source Advocate
31 & nick: guillermoamaral