From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xorg 1.65
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 03:06:12
1 On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 09:03 +0800, Thomas Yao wrote:
2 > On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 5:46 AM, dan blum <dan_blm@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > I am currently running xorg 1.7, which crashes very frequently. When I used to run xorg 1.65 everything was running fine. Can anyone clue me in on how to emerge an older version of the program.
5 > >
6 > > Thanks.
10 > Maybe you should have a look at the portage documentation carefully
11 > and understand it well before you dive into gentoo, it's really
12 > important:
13 >
14 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=2&chap=1
15 >
16 > Good luck
19 and consider going the other way - I am using 1.8.2 (xorg-server) which
20 is more stable for me than the 1.7 series.
21
22 However, some idea on what your system is may help - certain
23 combinations (xorg-server-1.7.x, inetl driver and tuxonice hibernate are
24 problematic, others are fine with certain workarounds.
25
26 Can you provide more info such as video card and what the crash is? The
27 actual xorg version should be something like 7.4-r1 so I presume you
28 quoted xorg-server?
29
30 BillK
33 William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>