From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] EeePC network problem
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 16:48:27
1 091030 Stroller wrote:
2 > On 30 Oct 2009, at 02:41, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> I'm stuck in trying to install Gentoo on my new EeePC 1005HA .
4 >> There seems to be no easily accessible driver for the Ethernet controller,
5 >> which is 'Atheros AR8132' (shown via 'lspci').
6 > A very casual Google suggests
7 > that this card uses the the atl1e kernel driver / module. EG:
8 > http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=ubuntu/ubuntu-hardy-lum.git;a=commit;h=949e7063204f568027fa7783c8562ceb32b95a25
9 > says: Add support Atheros ... AR8132 ethernet NICs
10 > CONFIG_ATL1E is the wossisname. Have you tried this driver?
11
12 Yes, as I said in detail in my OP : 'insmod atl1e' works,
13 but as before 'pppoe-start' times out when trying to connect to my ISP;
14 this is using the Gentoo minimal install ISO , which has that driver.
15 As I also said in my OP, I can't compile a driver (or kernel)
16 using the install system, as it doesn't have 'make'.
17
18 How have others got Gentoo installed on their 1005HA's ?
19 -- did they all use wireless access to the Internet ?
20
21 Again, does anyone have advice re trying a netless install ?
25 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
26 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
27 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca