From: eroen <eroen@××××××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: EAPI 4-python
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 15:33:11
1 On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 14:30:29 +0100, Fox <halfsocialfox@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 > I am trying to install an ebuild that used EAPI=4-python getting the
4 > error:
5 >
6 > API of python.eclass in EAPI="4-python" not established
7 >
8 > I googled the problem but there is not much to read (or at least I
9 > could not find much) and what is there is old. So I wonder what is
10 > the problem with this and if there is a way to use it as there are
11 > many ebiulds (maybe only in overlays, I am not sure) that use it.
12 >
13 > Quim
17 Afaik the *-python eapis are almost exclusively used by Arfrever's
18 Progress overlay (and, by extension, funtoo). The error message you
19 show seems to be from python.eclass in the main gentoo tree, which does
20 not take un-official eapis into account. The code in question for
21 reference (lines 30-32):
22
23 if ! has "${EAPI:-0}" 0 1 2 3 4 5; then
24 die "API of python.eclass in EAPI=\"${EAPI}\" not established"
25 fi
26
27 You might be able to use the ebuild stand-alone by also copying the
28 relevant eclasses from whereever you got the ebuild into your local
29 overlay (where I presume you put the ebuild?). However, from previous
30 experience with the Progress overlay, you might want to use the entire
31 overlay though layman in stead. Due to unfortunately incompatible
32 python-implementation dependencies with gentoo proper it's rather an
33 all-or-nothing deal.
36 eroen