From: App Deb <appdebgr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why does high-res video drop frames at 60% CPU?
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 10:36:28
1 You have dual core so 60% means:
2
3 50% (full one core) is for decoding,
4
5 and the rest 10% is for audio, resizing etc.
6
7 You can't play the video correctly because your "decoder" is not
8 multithreaded and uses just the one CPU at its fullest.
9
10 Try using multithreaded version of mplayer "mplayer-mt" (in some overlay
11 probably) with "lavdopts=threads=2" in mplayer config.
12