From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: dlna &amp; Gentoo
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 18:50:19
1 Peter Humphrey <peter <at> humphrey.ukfsn.org> writes:
4 > > what contract?
5
6 > It was just a suggestion, anyway. Take it or leave it.
7
8 Here in the US, it's 'buyer beware'. I could return it,
9 but since I was going to purchase the unit mail-order
10 that's problematic.
13 I guess I'll just take a laptop and find a store that sells
14 a prospective unit and see what firefox can do over ethernet.
15 Active 'X controls and such are often embedded in the
16 products embedded web server and that sort of thing
17 or any proprietary issues, will preclude Gentoo from
18 either working or enjoying the full set of control features.
19
20 If this is the case, I'm not spending the extra money.
21 But since I'm spending new money, then it would be nice
22 to see a robust, Open Source friendly at least, solution
23 before I pay extra for an ethernet interface on an Integrated
24 AV media server.
25
26 Field testing looks like my only recourse as these sort
27 of details are sparsely documented, to say the least....
31 thx to all that replied.
34 James