From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Calm
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 22:32:53
1 On Saturday 16 April 2016 14:48:51 Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2 >Hello, Gentoo.
3 >
4 >I'm just saying hello to confirm I'm still here.
5 >
6 >For many months now, Gentoo has simply worked for me, without problems.
7 >I sync my system several times a week, and emerge just works.
8 >
9 >The last bit of excitement I had was in early 2015 when I was trying to
10 >sort out the mess in my xfce4 system after gnome-3 had been made stable.
11 >In the end, I gave up and reinstalled Gentoo, which this time took me
12 >only a week.
13 >
14 >Admittedly, there's very little which is cutting edge on my system - the
15 >box is 6½ years old, it boots with lilo on an old fashioned BIOS, my
16 >filesystems are ext3 (or in one case, ext2) on spinning rust. The only
17 >remotely adventurous things I've got are RAID-1 (via the kernel) and
18 >lvm2.
19 >
20 >So a big thanks to all the developers who've brought about this happy
21 >state of affairs!
22
23 I concur!
26 Marc Joliet
27 --
28 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
29 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup