From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Fresh gen too install - unsuccesful
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 15:03:46
1 On 21 December 2014 12:30:49 CET, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >On Saturday 20 Dec 2014 18:20:44 Mick wrote:
3 >> On Saturday 20 Dec 2014 17:07:47 German wrote:
4 >> > Thanks Poison. SystemRescueCD is capable of booting in uefi so I
5 >can
6 >> > install gen too from it? I have heard good things about it
7 >>
8 >> Yes, this is what I am going to use to attempt to install Gentoo in
9 >UEFI.
10 >>
11 >> I have used it for years now to install Gentoo with a conventional
12 >BIOS.
13 >
14 >I spake too soon! :-(
15 >
16 >I just tried to boot my Asus MoBo A88XM-PLUS, after I disabled CMS and
17 >switched Secure Boot to other OS (as opposed to MS Windows), with
18 >sysrescuecd-4.4.1.
19 >
20 >Unfortunately I can't get a console due to this error:
21 >
22 > error: no suitable mode found.
23 > Booting in blind mode
26 >Any idea how to progress from here? Is it possible with sysrescuecd?
27
28 What is CMS?
29 I think it's a compatibility module.
30
31 Without it, only the EFI Console will work.
34 Joost
35 --
36 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.