From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: VirtualBox bridge mode eth0
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 11:07:23
1 On 04/08/2010 07:11 AM, Joseph wrote:
2 > I've activated Network adapter in VirtualBox (running Windows XP) but I
3 > it is not working. It works only in NAT mode not in Bridge mode.
4 > The worst part is when I enable bridge mode on second adapter the
5 > keyboard lock up, so I need to reboot the box :-/
6 >
7 > I've copied the VM into my other box and VirtualBox Network part is
8 > working in both Bridge and NAT mode.
9 > So I can not seem to understand why it is working on one box but not the
10 > other.
11 >
12 > Does it have something to do with Promiscuous Mode?
13
14 Promiscuous Mode is needed for bridging to work. This is why NAT mode
15 is preferable, btw, unless you have a good reason to use bridging.