From: "Matt Connell (Gmail)" <matthewdconnell@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] WiFi on old Thinkpad
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 21:42:28
1 On Mon, 2020-12-21 at 13:21 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Is wpa-supplicant a good idea? That's what the handbook recommends, but I think I remember
3 > something like wicd being better.
4
5 It depends on your needs.
6
7 If you're only going to connect to one or two networks, using
8 wpa_supplicant and learning wpa_cli will be managable. The Arch wiki
9 has an excellent step-by-step wpa_cli example.
10
11 However, if you're travelling from place to place and hopping networks,
12 then you may find that kind of maintenance tedious and opt to use
13 wpa_gui instead. It certainly isn't fancy but it is featureful and
14 user-friendly.