From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] applications cannot access anything on youtube
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 11:18:41
1 On 06/03/2022 09:39, John Covici wrote:
2 > Hi. On my gentoo box, no application including ping can access
3 > www.youtube.com. However, a dig is doing it correctly, so I can not
4 > understand what is happening. A restart of named, gives me the same
5 > result. This is very baffling to me. If I change the URL to just
6 > youtube.com, it tries to work till the redirect to www.youtube.com and
7 > then stops dead.
8 >
9 > Am I doing something wrong? My windows box is doing this correctly.
10 >
11 > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
12 >
13 cat /etc/hosts?
14
15 I'm sure you'd remember if you'd messed about with it, but a redirect
16 there would explain it ...
17
18 Cheers,
19 Wol