From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] using eclipse with java
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 20:08:35
1 On Thu, Apr 17 2014, Tom Wijsman wrote:
2
3 > On Thu, 17 Apr 2014 18:20:12 -0400
4 > gottlieb@×××.edu wrote:
5 >
6 >> When I did an
7 >> emerge --pretend eclipse-sdk
8 >> I received a note that a recent binary is in the java-overlay.
9 >> Is that what you would recommend? I have used layman in the past for
10 >> gnome.
11 >
12 > Yes, the binary one in the java overlay works here; I recommend that.
13
14 I get almost immediate segfaults.
15
16 I type
17
18 eclipse-bin-7.2
19
20 It is basically empty (no projects).
21 I start a new project called "crash"
22 I then expand the project, select "src", right click and say "new class"
23 I call the class "Crash" and it give a correct skeleton
24 I go to the blank line above "public class Crash {" and start to type
25 "import java.util.scanner"
26
27 I get as far as "import java." then it pops up a window with completions
28 and segfaults. It is quite repeatable. This happens on a fresh install
29 of eclipse-bin.
30
31 Any advice? Should I look for a binary on the eclipse site?
32
33 thanks,
34 allan