From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Compiling first and then installing using -K
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 08:26:27
1 Howdy,
2
3 I ran into a issue with qt upgrades and it got interesting.  Since it
4 was part way through, some applications that I needed wouldn't open due
5 to a mismatch in versions.  When I tried to logout and back in, sddm
6 wouldn't come up either, same reason I assume.  Now that I'm back, I'm
7 wanting to see if I can do upgrades by building the packages first and
8 then using the -K option.  Thing is, when I tried that just now for the
9 rest of this huge upgrade, I get this little message at the bottom.
12 !!! --buildpkgonly requires all dependencies to be merged.
13 !!! Cannot merge requested packages. Merge deps and try again.
16 So, I have to emerge packages in order to emerge others.  I get that
17 packages depend on each other but is there a way around that?  Would I
18 need to set up a chroot and build it there or is there a better way.
19
20 Since it is the compiling that seems to cause issues generally, I'm
21 wanting to do that first and then it just install from the binary.  I
22 figure someone out there has found a good way to do this.  I just hope
23 someone is willing to share their good way to do this.  ;-)
24
25 Dale
26