From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Resizing physical volume for lvm.
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 07:17:52
1 On Sunday 22 March 2009 22:42:39 Momesso Andrea wrote:
2 > Thanks for the advice. Will be a problem for lvm if I add a partition
3 > before it? I mean, will I need to change any config files while lvm is
4 > gonna reside on sda4 instead of sda3?
5
6 It's not a problem. LVM scans the drive looking for pvs and uses them as it
7 finds them. You can see this behaviour when running 'vgchange -a y'. It
8 doesn't need or really use the partition number at all.
9
10 You may have such things in lvm config files somewhere. If it becomes
11 problematic, simply remove/comment those entries.
14 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com